BikerChicKnits
Not your typical hellcat biker chic and
Li'l Deb would say "that's not a bad thing!"


July 1, 2016

Ode to Ashes' Anthro Wrap

An explosion of color in every row!


Pattern:  Radiant Wrap by Healther Walpole
Yarn:  House of A La Mode Bangin Bulky


As I knit along I see a dramatic and unique wrap pining for the cold.  The colors are vibrant and the fabric has a soft hand with some respectable weight to it.

I knit a very long swatch and rolled it up to look like a pretty floret before frogging it.


Swatch Floret


The Gauge:   My gauge for this swatch on US 10 1/2 bamboo needles is 3.25 stitches per inch. I should cast on 65 stitches for a 20" wide scarf (not 80 as the pattern instructions read).


Bamboo Needles


However, I have decided to use addi Turbo Rocket needles.  Daughter-who-doesn't knit sent these via Amazon and they are amazing!  Stitches slide off the needles without drag and the tips are sharp! Vrroom!

My gauge for this swatch on US 10 1/2 Turbo Rockets is 3.12 stitches per inch so I should cast on 62.  I will actually cast on 64 stitches; 62 for the pattern and 2 for the selvedge edges.


addi Turbo Rocket Needles
  
The Selvedge:  I slipped the first stitch of every row with yarn in front and knit the last stitch of every row. This creates a chain like decorative edge that is smooth along the sides.  Later I will lift up each selvedge stitch with a needle to even out the tension.


Swatch with Chain-Like Selvedge


Happy 4th of July!   BGITWWW and I walked to the lake.  I was able to knit a few rows on this while she read Warriors.  The breeze masked the 88° temperature and the water was quite cold but refreshing!  




 
Ch-Ch-Cha Changes...



...Happy Trails....

No comments: