I love the angora yarn from Cozy Rabbit Farm. It is soft, feather light and warm. The BGITWWW chose it for the “Cotton Candy” colors and she liked the “bunny fluff”. The photos do not do justice to this Pixie Hood but it was not easy to pull a 5 year old away from Kipper, The Dog, so I am lucky to have these =o)
(BTW, the Pixie Hood link takes you to Amazon, I don't get a commission or anything, but I couldn't find the book on the author's site).
A PATIENT BGITWWW
Using the “2 and up” size as a gauge, I added a few stitches to the cast on, bearing in mind that I wanted the ribbing to begin and end on a knit stitch.
This is a quick and easy pattern to knit. Start to finish took about 3 evenings (I had to wait for more yarn and the BGITWWW to try it on before picking up the bottom for ribbing).
To minimize bumps and ends I did the following for ties:
- Cut 3 lengths of yarn about 30” long each (you decide what is best for your project).
- On the Right Side, go to the bottom front corner of hood, find the center 2 stitches.
- Pull 3 strands of yarn into back side
- Count 2 stitches over and insert yarn up through the front (left of the center).
- Tie half knot.
- Make 3 groups of 2 strands each, braid to desired length.
- Tie knot at end leaving short tail or embellish ends as you wish. I might add a tassle or knitted flower with some bling to the Pixie point.
- Repeat these steps for the other side.