BikerChicKnits
Not your typical hellcat biker chic and
Li'l Deb would say "that's not a bad thing!"


November 17, 2015

Madeline Tosh Posh Beanie

Martine Ellis Pattern:  Basic Beanie 
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Sock in Mandala
Needles:  US 3 shorty circulars


November 4:  I cast on 128 stitches.   I have been knitting outside!  I hope this is pre-*Indian Summer*! (I don't think we have had a frost yet, but perhaps we have.)  It is lovely to be knitting with this yarn outside in November.

I am knitting this for a petite co-worker.  She gave me color ideas but she had no idea what I chose!  I had her try the beanie on for length before I finished the decreases and she pointed to the colors that match her winter coat!  




The crown (over my Fun-O-Rama bucket) reminds me of motorcyle-spoke-wheels! 



November 14, 2015:  Completed with a gentle soak and dry out to do.

I knit the basic beanie without the slouch.  This pattern is easy to follow and I love the motorcycle-spoke-wheel look at the crown.

Overall length is 9.5".  Smoothing out the hat with minimal stretching the ribbing measures 1.5" and measuring straight up from the upper edge of rib to center of crown measures 8". 

This fits my coworker but I think I could have cast on 8 stitches less and knit it 3/4s of an inch shorter.  She insists it feels good but I fear a strong wind would send it on an adventure.  It feels loose on my daughters but they like hats tight.  I love the fit on me!

I have enough yarn to knit a pair of fingerless gloves to go with this beanie.  I am going to see if ALIGN MITTS will work for this! (I have some Koigu KPPM to use for this pattern for myself!)



...Happy Trails....

No comments: