BikerChicKnits
Not your typical hellcat biker chic and
Li'l Deb would say "that's not a bad thing!"


July 21, 2007

Vintage Long Sleeved "Biker Chick" Bolero











[click on thumbnail for larger image]

I have always had a fondness for vintage clothing and textiles. So when I came across "Vintage Knits" I settled right down on the book store's floor to have a look. I counted 8 garments I must knit and they all have their own distinctive style.



My first choice was the vintage long sleeve bolero (for a gift) and the second project will be the camisole in Jaeger's 100% pure silk 4 ply. Unfortunately the bolero pattern uses a now discontinued yarn, but a suggested substitute was Jaeger's Siena 100% mercerized cotton. Now that I have knit it up, I suggest a blend.

This stylish bolero will add some warmth to those cool summer nights out on the road.

In the saddle bag: One copy of Vintage Knits and 8 skeins of Jaeger Siena in Black.

Jaeger Siena
100% Mercerized Cotton
Approx. 153 yds/50g
Weight: Fingering
Gauge: 7 sts/1in
Needle: Addi Turbo US 3

I actually started to keep track of the number of stitches....staggering....half way through the project I decided I did not want to know!

No comments: