BikerChicKnits
Not your typical hellcat biker chic and
Li'l Deb would say "that's not a bad thing!"


July 29, 2011

Wave ByeBye to Disposable Cosmetic Pads

The Chinese Waves inspired me to knit cosmetic cloths.


3-Corner Cosmetic Cloth
100% Cotton. 100% Reusable.

I don't use disposable cosmetic wipes.  I was always folding a square face cloth into a small triangle so this 3 corner cloth works perfect for me, and has less bulk.  Just toss in a lingerie bag for easy washing.

Pisgah Yarn & Dyeing Co., Inc Peaches & Creme Solids

To make my 3 corner cloth:   I used one strand of Peaches and Cream cotton yarn and followed the pattern to 27 stitches on the needle and bound off.  For a finer gauge and even softer cloth I plan to knit more in Rowan's Cotton Handknit, single strand.   I knit up larger ones for face cloths using Peaches and Cream.  

I boiled the 3 corner cloth in water for 5 minutes, cooled enough to squeeze out excess water and tossed it in the dryer.  It shrunk from 6” to 3” across the top and from 3” to 2.5” in length unstretched.   I used scrap yarn and didn't think to measure the yardage.   If I knit more using this yarn I will post the yardage.

A quick knit!  100% cotton, 100% reuseable.  I thank Margaret K. K. Radcliffe for the Chinese Waves pattern and ailurokat  (Ravelry) for the modifications to knit the pattern on the diagonal.  


...Happy Trails...

No comments: