BikerChicKnits
Not your typical hellcat biker chic and
Li'l Deb would say "that's not a bad thing!"


May 19, 2012

Skipper's Simple Skirt

Hand Knit with Love for the BGITWWW

The Best Granddaughter In The Whole Wide/Wild World has been asking for new clothes for her Skipper, Barbie's little sister.  I reminded her that Skipper is her Mama's doll, but lives with her Nan. 

Friday, with Skipper, yarn, needles and note pad zipped up in a plastic bag off to work I went.  On break I jotted down a few notes and started knitting in the round.  Sadly, my lovely little needles were too slippery for the silk blend yarn. I used some bamboo double pointed needles and knit flat.  This knit up quick!

 
Vintage Skipper

  
 
Simple Skipper Skirt:
 
Knit Flat.
Waist has built in tabs for a single large snap for small fingers. 
A few increases added in the front. 
One short seam at the back.
Knit to allow easy dressing.
 
Increases


Mattress Stitch Seaming


Stopped seaming a few rows below tabs.


It's a Snap!


I'll sketch out some simple tops and pick one that will be equally easy.  Then I'll knit another set in a better choice of yarn (non pooling) and take notes and photos to share.   

 
...Happy Trails...I gotta go Rumbaaaaaa

No comments: